• The calculations used to determine insurance rates are available for public review at the Iowa Insurance Division.
• Full coverage generally includes protection from theft, physical damage, and liabilities to other drivers*. Full coverage does not include rentals or towing. These are all extra types of coverage that may be added if available.
• Homeowner's insurance does not cover flood damage. Ground or surface water is also not covered and cannot be added to a homeowner's policy. A separate flood insurance policy must be purchased for those types of coverage. Ask your agent or see www.floodsmart.gov.
• The back-up of sewer or drains is not automatically available on homeowner policies. This extra coverage might be available. Ask your agent for more details on what is available with your policy.
• Under insured / uninsured coverage will only protect the people in the vehicle and not the vehicle itself.
• Photos, video recordings, and receipts all assist consumers when filing property claims? These tools aid in establishing what property was owned by the consumer and the property’s value.
*Source: Dictionary of Insurance Terms, Fourth Edition. 2000.
**Please note that the pricing guides are just general examples. The price of your insurance will depend on your specific factors.